Email Marketing and Its StrategiesFebruary 19, 2019
In 1971, Raymond Samuel Tomlinson, started the first email program. And thus, started a new era in communication. The breakthrough invention had a profound significance over time. Connections weren’t through the Internet those days, but through computers and Tomlinson also came up with “@” as the symbol for email. After years, a company named Digital Equipment Corp sent the first commercial email to other address. This was the start of email marketing. The first mail had a few 100 recipients, which was considered as the first list.
Email marketing has always been regarded as one of the great promotional strategies. It creates an effective digital marketplace and helps to accelerate sales. Customers surely love brands and when they receive e-mails in the personal inbox, it creates a personal bond between the customer and the brand. Studies show that around 91% of people open their emails on a daily basis which means that email has a great potential to reach customers and can achieve positive sales count. The study also shows that the ROI for email marketing is around 35% which is much higher compared to the initial investment, which is hardly 1%.
Customers can be reminded about discount or offers through email which can help grow customer loyalty. Even though many feel it spammy these days, a well-crafted message can still generate leads to the brands. The possibilities of Email marketing are a lot, like selling products, announcing discounts, news or tell a story.
So, how is e-mail marketing done?
Email marketing uses electronic mails to communicate with customers. This includes three different steps in execution, they are:
- Creating an e-mail campaign
- Sort out a list of customers to email.
- Send the email to the list.
The bulk email features include:
A large pool of IP’s
- Email analytics
- Email templates
- Better deliverability
- Anti-spam features
- Bounce management
Bulk email campaigns are done usually when the target audience is wide. When sending bulk emails, the content shouldn’t be offensive and shouldn’t lose customers due to content.
Why E-mail marketing?
E-mail marketing has advantages which can help grow business. Let’s check each of them.
- Fast Response: Responses from customers through email marketing takes just 1 or 2 days whereas direct mailing takes more time in receiving responses. Brands can use customized emails to customers, to be delivered on special occasions, can make customer- brand relation more real.
- ROI: There isn’t much or any penny investment for email marketing. And so, it is 20 times more cost-effective compared to other conventional marketing strategies. Email marketing might not give you a profit right away, but waiting for a month or two will show the result, your expecting.
- Analysis: Email marketing campaign results are easy to analyze. This can help a company to track the business, study responses and restructure marketing campaigns that can bring favourable results.
- Reach: The reach of email is inarguably the widest and the most spread out one. Emails, when linked with various social media platforms, can help to boost the search engine ranking. Invitation links for any events, promotional code for a store, anything can be delivered to customers in a more personal way. This can help in increasing the traffic and get more shares. It becomes a straight cut-out path for customers to find the brand.
Today, even though too many emails get crowded in our spam mail, the right mail gets noticed and sales can happen.